Please note: the applications for this grant are now closed.
These grants are specifically targeting new professionals with 3 to 10 years of experience who are personal members of IFLA or staff of an institutional member. These grants aim to empower and motivate newer librarians to engage with the international library field. The IFLA New Professionals grant will provide support for 29 delegates to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2020 in Dublin, Ireland.
What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover the full registration fee which will be done through an online booking system, using a special code.
Applicants must be able to attend the Congress and will be responsible for all other costs associated with Congress attendance.
- The grant is available to librarians and library workers from all library types.
- The applicant should have 3 to 10 years of experience in a library or information service.
- The applicant must be personal affiliate of IFLA or a staff member of an institutional member. Your membership code or your national library association code is requested as proof of membership.
- Priority is given to applicants who are a first-time attendee to the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
How to apply?
The application should include a single file combining the following documents:
- Motivation letter, outlining the professional benefit for them to attend WLIC (max 300 words);
- One-page Curriculum Vitae containing academic qualifications, work history and involvement in professional activities or library innovation projects;
- A statement indicating that you have approval from your employer, if you are a recipient of this Grant, to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Dublin, Ireland.
The deadline for applications is 27 March 2020.
Successful applicants will be notified that they have received a full registration to the Congress by 10 May 2020. Applicants must confirm their attendance within two weeks of notification.
Contact email@example.com. Please include “IFLA New Professionals WLIC Attendance Grants” in the email subject line.