Please note: the applications for this grant are now closed.
In 2020, IFLA is pleased to be able to offer 39 grants to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Dublin, Ireland.
What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover the full registration fee which will be done through an online booking system, using a special code.
Applicants must be able to attend the Congress and will be responsible for all other costs associated with Congress attendance.
- The grant is available to librarians and library workers from all library types.
- The applicant must be a member of his/her national library association.
- Priority is given to applicants who are a first-time attendee to the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
How to apply
The application should include a single PDF file merging the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (one page max);
- Your motivation concerning the professional benefit of attending the conference (max. 200 words);
- A statement indicating that you have approval from your employer, if you are a recipient of this Grant, to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Dublin, Ireland.
Submission deadline is 27 March 2020.
Successful candidates will be notified by 13 May 2020.
Contact email@example.com. Please include “2020 IFLA WLIC Participation Grants” in the email subject line.