Does your library have #marketinggenius?
Apply for the IFLA PressReader International Marketing Award and win €3,000 towards registration and travel to the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Dublin, Ireland!
The IFLA Section on Management and Marketing is partnering with PressReader in collaboration with the IFLA International Library Marketing Award for 2020.
The IFLA PressReader International Marketing Award awards organization recognizes creative, results-oriented marketing projects or campaigns. Three finalists will be selected based on innovative marketing contributions in the Library field.
First, second, and third place winners will receive funding towards airfare, accommodation, and registration to the World Library and Information Congress in Dublin. We will also honour the top 10 submissions with a certificate of recognition.
As the leading digital and print-on-demand newspaper and magazine platform, PressReader facilitates IFLA recognition of innovative marketing campaigns, with special commendation to teams in developing countries. Individuals who submit their application by the deadline will receive an exclusive one-month free gifted access to PressReader, which includes the full catalogue of over 7,000 global newspapers and magazines.
Winners will be announced in March 2020 and officially awarded at the IFLA WLIC Awards Ceremony in Dublin. Applications will be accepted from 11 December 2019 through 7 February 2020 at iflapressreader2020.org.
- Recognise the best library marketing projects from the previous calendar year.
- Encourage marketing practices in library community.
- Provide opportunities for libraries to share marketing experience and expertise globally.
- Any library that markets library products or services is eligible to apply for the award.
- Applications must be written in one of seven IFLA languages, but applicants may also submit an English translation if they prefer.
- Applications must be submitted with supporting materials by 7 February 2020.
- Present an original marketing strategy.
- Answer each question on the application.
- Explain the benefits of the strategy.
- Provide a full description of the marketing strategy.
- Utilize the marketing glossary definitions.
- Summarize the strategy and its results.
- Applications will be judged on:
- Strategic approach to marketing, indicated in the research and planning stages of a submitted project.
- Creativity and innovation as demonstrated by the originality of solutions to the marketing challenges.
- Potential for generating widespread public visibility and support for libraries irrespective of the kind or amount of resources employed.
- Effectiveness illustrated by measurable objectives and subsequent evaluation methods.
Applicants are encouraged to include marketing using digital resources:
- Electronic journals, publisher databases, institutional repositories.
- Web and digital libraries.
- Information literacy.
- New products and new services.
Proposals are reviewed based on how well they meet the above criteria.
Other factors are:
- Clarity of planning and partnerships with external organisations.
- Efficient allocation of resources (staff, materials, time).
Members of the Award Jury are drawn from the membership of the IFLA Standing Committee on Management and Marketing:
Cindy Hill (USA) Chair, Leslie Weir (Canada), Jeremiah Walter (USA) Information Coordinator, Ruth Ornholt (Norway), Nie Hua (China), Antoine Torrens-Montebello (France), Bonnie Mager (New Zealand).
Award applications will be accepted from 11 December 2019 through 7 February 2020.