Call for Posters
Are you involved in an interesting project, new service or application of technology? Would you like to share, discuss and network with others about your work? Why not present what you are doing in the IFLA Poster Sessions?
IFLA is seeking applications and proposals to present a poster during IFLA WLIC 2020 in Dublin.
All Poster Proposals are subject to approval by IFLA’s Professional Committee. A jury representing the Professional Committee will review all submissions and decide which Posters will be accepted.
Application deadline: 31 January 2020
Proposers should expect an update on the status of their proposals in mid-March.
IFLA has a new Strategy 2019-2024 which includes the IFLA Mission to inspire, engage, enable and connect the global library field. This is not only a Strategy for IFLA but a framework for actions taken by libraries to transform the library field. In 2020, we would like to present posters that reflect activities that align with the IFLA Strategy.
Successful applications will:
- Present a new idea/service/programme or application of technology that has a clear relationship to the theme of WLIC (Inspire, Engage, Enable, Connect) and to one of the Strategic Directions or Key Initiatives of the IFLA Strategy 2019-2024.
- Lend itself to a poster session; is not too abstract;
- Be inspiring to others.
Additional criteria for evaluation include:
- Appear to be clearly explained;
- Not duplicate another poster, not have the same presenter as another poster (a presenter must be present during the poster session to explain the poster to viewers);
- Describe a project that is ongoing or near completion, not one that is yet to start.
How to apply
- Please complete the online application form to submit a proposal.
- It is important that applicants describe in their abstract how their idea/ service/ programme/ technology implementation aligns with the IFLA Strategy 2019-2024. It should also describe how they intend to present the project in the poster format – what kind of visual materials they will use, for example, photographs, data samples, graphs, et cetera, and how these illustrate the project or a particular aspect of the work. The poster must be an experience in itself for the one who looks at it – and should show awareness of the format of a poster-session and its purpose to engage the viewer in conversation.
- Special consideration will be given to ensure that a geographical/cultural range will be represented. Applicants should have an expectation of being able to register and attend IFLA WLIC 2020 in Dublin at their own cost. IFLA is unable to provide funding to support attendance by poster presenters.
- The deadline is 31 January 2020. After the deadline, applications will no longer be accepted.
Your topic could be described on a printed poster or by photographs, graphics and text that you attach to the presentation panel. All IFLA official languages – Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Russian and Spanish – are welcome.
For printed posters, the standard poster size of DIN A0 841mm wide x 1189mm high is the minimum size. It is recommended that a printed poster be no larger than 900mm wide and 1900mm high.
If you are using photographs, graphics and text, these should also fit within the area of 900mm wide and 1900mm high.
Presenters of a poster will be expected to be present on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 August 2020 in order to explain their poster and to hand out any leaflets, or other information materials, they have available for viewers of their poster. Each presenter can therefore only present one poster. Any organization that submits more than one application should indicate a priority to their submissions or confirm there will be enough staff members available for the presentation.
Best IFLA Poster 2020
At the congress a jury will view all posters and select the winner of the Best IFLA Poster 2020 based on the evaluation criteria outlined above. The winner will be announced at the Closing Ceremony.
31 January 2020
Deadline for applications. The online form will not be available after this date.
IFLA Headquarters will inform applicants of the final decision of the Professional Committee.
16 August 2020
Posters to be placed on presentation panels at the Congress.
17-18 August 2020
Poster sessions at the Congress
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posters & Photos from 2019 Poster Session in Athens, GREECE: