Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Audiovisual and Multimedia joint with Metropolitan Libraries
- 3 February 2020, 12:37
Theme: "Inspire, Enable, Engage and Connect: Video and Multimedia Productions by and for Libraries and Library Users"
The IFLA Audiovisual and Multimedia Section and Metropolitan Libraries Section invites interested professionals from any library to submit a short (10 minutes or less) video or multimedia work for the open session to be held during IFLA WLIC in Dublin, Ireland on 15-21 August, 2020, on the theme: “Inspire, Enable, Engage and Connect: Video and Multimedia Productions by and for Libraries and Library Users.”
Tools for producing video, sound, multimedia, virtual and augmented reality are increasingly accessible to library staff and users, exploding in popularity at home, work, school, and in libraries across the world. We are looking for work that embodies IFLA’s 2020 theme: “Inspire, Enable, Engage and Connect.” We seek creative works no more than ten minutes in length that illustrate how libraries, library staff and/or library users inspire, enable, engage and connect with one another.
Important information for submissions
- We require an Internet link to a short clip of the streaming video or multimedia work.
- Additionally, send an abstract of 500 words or less that summarizes the work and its relation to our theme.
- The clip may be of any length up to five
- Submissions should represent newly made works, not previously performed or displayed in public.
- Selected submissions will be performed at the Open Session in Dublin.
- Completed works to be performed at the Open Session must be captioned for accessibility and made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
- Abstracts must be accompanied by full author/submitter details, including name, position, affiliation, and email address.
Send submissions by 15 March to:
Victoria Mas Garcia
15 March 2020: Submission of video clips and accompanying abstracts are due. Each submission will be blind reviewed by members of the sponsoring Sections.
15 April 2020: Presenters will be notified whether they have been successful.
30 June 2020: The completed works of no more than ten minutes in length are due.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Dublin. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
The paper must be an original submission not presented or published elsewhere. All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2020 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Apply for Grants & Awards webpage.