Call for Volunteers IFLA WLIC 2020 Dublin
Are you ready to become an international IFLA volunteer?
On behalf of the Dublin National Committee of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) 2020 we kindly invite you to become a Volunteer during the Congress that will be held from 15 – 21 August 2020 at Dublin Convention Centre in Dublin, Ireland.
Volunteers play an integral role in supporting WLIC 2020 and we look forward to welcoming you as part of our Volunteers in WLIC 2020. Volunteers are key in creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere to delegates while assisting the hosts to deliver a professionally run Congress.
A series of upskilling programs and training sessions will be offered to Volunteers and an information kit will be provided regarding specific duties and benefits.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for volunteers who have the time, dedication and enthusiasm to assist us to deliver a successful international event. If you are professional, committed, hardworking, reliable and culturally sensitive, then you are exactly what we are looking for.
The criteria for Volunteers selection are the following:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be available, through your own arrangements, to attend scheduled training sessions in May and June in Dublin.
- You are available, through your own arrangements, to perform your volunteer duties from 15 – 21 August 2020. IFLA does not provide accommodation or transport during the congress.
- You are physically fit and can maintain a moderate level of physical activity for 8 hours per day and be able to be on foot and moving at a quick pace.
- Able to fund and take care of your own travel arrangements (including flights, visa, transportation and accommodation).
Volunteering is a great way for you to get involved with the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) 2020!
Receive a free registration!
Volunteers are a valued part of the Congress. After your shifts, you can attend the conference sessions.
Meet and Network
Meet and network with researchers, practitioners, academics, administrators, policy makers, industry representatives and students involved in library and information science from all over the world.
Your personal and professional growth
By taking advantage of this great opportunity you can develop personally and professionally. Certificates of attendance will be given to volunteers for participating in the training sessions and upskilling programs.
Add to your CV
Certificate of attendance for volunteers will be given after completion of your volunteer tasks.
Souvenirs, food and beverages
Volunteers can keep the official volunteer vest as a souvenir and will be provided with free food and beverages while on duty.
How to apply?
The Application for Volunteers is open from 4 November to 20 December 2019.