Please note: the applications for this grant are now closed.
With a generous contribution from Angela Bersekowski’s legacy, IFLA is pleased to be able to offer an increased number of participation grants.
In 2020, 19 grants to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Dublin, Ireland, will be available.
What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover the full registration fee which will be done through an online booking system, using a special code.
Applicants must be able to attend the Congress and will be responsible for all other costs associated with Congress attendance.
- The grant is available to library professionals from countries which fit IFLA’s Band 2 for institutional members, meaning that your country has an assessment between 0.001 and 0.250 according to the UNESCO Scale of Assessment.
- The applicant must be a member of his/her national library association. A proof of your membership is requested.
- Priority is given to applicants who are a first-time attendee to the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
How to apply
The application should include a single PDF file merging the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (max. one-page);
- Your motivation concerning the professional benefit of attending the conference (max. 200 words);
- Proof of membership of national library association (i.e. copy of membership card, letter from the association etc.);
- A statement indicating that you have approval from your employer, if you are a recipient of this Grant, to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Dublin, Ireland.
Submission deadline is 27 March 2019.
Successful candidates will be notified by 10 May 2019.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2020 Angela Bersekowski Conference Grants” in the email subject line.