The IFLA Governing Board and Irish National Committee have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 World Library and Information Congress (WLIC).
The Convention Centre Dublin (CCD)
The Congress venue offers wheelchair access and is accessible to guests with mobility or functional disabilities. There are several dedicated parking spaces available with direct access to elevators. Taxis can use designated drop-off points at the main entrance of the Congress venue. All meeting spaces, halls and session rooms are accessible, with bathrooms providing disabled facilities on all levels.
Facilities for visitors with visual impairments
• All rooms, halls and toilets are signposted in large print and Braille
• CCD Hosts are available to assist visitors to their event or seat if required
• All lifts have Braille buttons
Lifts and Stairs
• The CCD main entrance is accessible via a ramp
• We offer lift access to all levels, in addition to escalators and stairwells
• There are dedicated wheelchair user and companion seats in The Auditorium
Toilets for people with disabilities
• Toilets for people with disabilities are located throughout the venue on every floor. They all have an alarm pull cord system and are unisex.
• All meeting spaces are wheelchair accessible
• The Auditorium has 20 spaces suitable for wheelchair users
• At least one companion seat is available next to the wheelchair user’s space
• There are eight dedicated spaces in The CCD’s on-site car park for people with a disabled persons parking card, or the equivalent international scheme.
• The car park has a lift which accesses all floors.
• There is a drop-off point outside the main entrance.
• Car Parks near The CCD, operated separately, also have dedicated spaces for people with disabilities.
Accessible Transport Service
Vantastic is a Not for Profit Irish Charity that offers accessible transport services to people with disabilities, citizens (65+) with mobility impairments and not for profit groups.
See the Vantastic website for more information.
For more information regarding accessibility at the World Library and Information Congress, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for further tips on travelling within Dublin.